Avocado Oil and Hemp Chocolate Cake
Recipe from Kate Davidson at www.nzhempfoods.co.nz.
A decadent chocolate cake for that special occasion!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan Forced. Line a 20 cm round springform baking tin.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl then add the omegaNZ™ Avocado Oil, hemp seed milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking powder, cacao powder, almond meal, new hemisphere™ Hemp Protein and Hemp Seed Flour. Fold gently until combined.
- Place into the lined baking tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake skewer or knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- To ice, pour a generous amount of chocolate ganache over the cake and allow it to run down the sides. This gives a smooth glossy finish. Chill for an hour or so to set.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt and ENJOY!
- Chop the chocolate up into small pieces.
- Heat the cream over a medium heat in a small saucepan. Allow to simmer but do not boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate and salt. Leave to stand for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Stir gently until smooth then pour over cake.