Ethical Nutrients Extra C Powder. Highly absorbable Vitamin C Powder. pH adjusted Vitamin C supplement with hesperidin and cysteine. Assists in the management of colds by reducing the severity and duration of symptoms. May assist in reducing the severity of hay fever, allergies and upper respiratory tract infections. May assist in minor wound healing, reducing muscle soreness and promoting healthy bones, teeth, skin and hair. Antioxidant and free radical scavenger. Each 1.35 grams (nearly 1/2 a tsp) provides 1035.5mg of Vitamin C.
This is what Ethical Nutrients have to say about Allergies and Hayfever.
Allergies and Hay Fever are Nothing to Sneeze at!
Spring has sprung and although this should be a time of joy as we shake off the winter blues, for many it is a season of sneezing, itchy teary eyes, runny nose and for generally feeling lousy as the grass and flowers blossom and the pollens hit the skies. If you, a family member or friend cringe at the thought of the spring bloom, then the answer may be as simple as taking some extra nutrients to promote the health and strength of your upper respiratory tract and immune system.
It is also important at this time, to pay particular attention to diet and lifestyle factors that may be the cause of the pollen sensitivity - after all why is it that some people suffer with allergies whilst others don't?
You just can't avoid it
Optimising diet and lifestyle factors is always important - and this is definitely the case when working to beat allergies and hay fever. Factors that may increase the likelihood of suffering from allergies and hay fever include the following:
* Poor dietary habits - processed and refined foods and those with high levels of artificial dyes and preservatives can increase sensitivity to pollens. Remember fresh is always best and variety in the colour and types of foods is the best for health.
* Dietary allergens - different people have different foods that they are allergic to. Common dietary allergens include dairy, soy, citrus, peanuts, wheat, fish, eggs, corn, chocolate and tomatoes. By regularly consuming such foods your body may become more and more susceptible to an allergic reaction. A rotation diet, in which the same food is not eaten more than once every four days, may be helpful in minimising food allergies.
* Excessive alcohol consumption - weakens the body's immune response to the allergen.
* Cigarette smoking - aggravates an already inflamed nose and throat.
* Increased feelings of stress - long-term stress levels affect the immune system and leave a susceptible body wide open to allergies and hay fever. Stress comes in all shapes and sizes and we recommend that you don't dismiss stress just because 'everyone has it, therefore it's ok', but that you work to address both the factors causing the stress, as well as how your body is coping with it.
* Animal dander, moulds, spores and dust - these can also cause an allergic reaction. Attempt to keep these common airborne allergens to a minimum within the house - especially in the bedroom so you can have a good night sleep to rest and recover.
How can natural medicines help?
Making the most of the nutrients that help promote the health and strength of your upper respiratory tract and immune system may reduce the intensity of symptoms and/or the frequency of allergic attacks. The nutrients to focus on primarily are as follows:
* Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM - this good bacteria may assist in maintenance of a normal, healthy immune system.
* Bifidobacertium lactis - Bifidobacteria beneficially affects the balance of bacteria in the digestive system in a manner that may help to alleviate allergies.
* Bioflavonoids - may assist in the relief of hay fever and allergies.
* Vitamin C - may promote the function of a normal healthy immune system, whilst lowering histamine which is involved in the allergic response.
* Zinc - zinc deficiency has been shown to increase the potential for allergic reactions. An Australian study found, in a national random dietary survey, that 85% of women and 65% of men do not receive the recommended levels of zinc in their daily diets.
* Antioxidants - may support normal healthy immunity and protect the cells from the damaging effects of free radicals created during immune activation.
It's all covered with Ethical Nutrients
Whilst working on improving the diet and lifestyle factors to build a stronger, more resilient body, it may be beneficial to use high quality nutritional supplements to offer support to the immune system so it can cope with the onslaught of pollens. Ethical Nutrients offers effective, superior quality supplements that can help with the battle ahead. To help your immune system cope with the spring bloom, we have these products: Inner Health Plus, Inner Health Plus Powder and Mega Zinc Powder Raspberry.
Assists in the management of colds by reducing the severity and duration of symptoms. May assist in reducing the severity of hay fever, allergies and upper respiratory tract infections. May assist in minor wound healing, reducing muscle soreness, and promoting healthy bones, teeth, skin and hair. Antioxidant and free radical scavenger.
Each 1.35 g dose of powder contains: Calcium ascorbate 518 mg, equiv. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 425.6 mg, Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 397 mg, Sodium ascorbate 148.5 mg, equiv. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 131.2 mg, Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) 100 mg, Magnesium ascorbate 71 mg, equiv. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 63.7 mg, Potassium ascorbate 25.5 mg, equiv. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 18 mg, Hesperidin 16.7 mg, Cysteine 6.8 mg. No added artificial flavouring or colouring. Free from wheat, gluten, cereals, milk, eggs, waxes, yeast and salt.
Adults: Take 1.35 g (1/3 of a 5.0 g metric teaspoon) in water or juice daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Extra C contains Vitamin B3, Hesperidin and Cysteine which act to greatly enhance the effectiveness of Vitamin C.
Not suitable for children under two years of age without medical advice.
Keep out of reach of Children. Not suitable for children under two years of age without medical advice. Vitamins can only be of assistance if dietary vitamin intake is inadequate.
Orders within New Zealand are dispatched by courier once your payment has been processed. Our customer service team aim to dispatch your order within 24 hours during the working week. Within Auckland please allow 48 hours for delivery. For all other areas please allow 72 hours.
Within NZ, supplement orders over NZ$70 are conveniently delivered freight free. Freight Free may exclude food items and cleaning products - we will contact you if additional courier charges apply to your order containing these items. Orders under NZ$70 in value will have a delivery charge based on the delivery address.
• Auckland (Wellsford to Pukekohe) - $5.00
• Rest of the North Island - $6.50
• South Island - $8.00
Auckland orders have the option to be collect, free of charge. We are located at 344a Rosedale Road, Albany, Auckland 0632. Please note that collection is only available between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
International orders are sent out using tracked international services. Delivery for international orders usually take 5-10 business days to arrive. Freight charges for international orders are based on the weight of the total order.