Remifemin Sleep Natural Calming Sleep Inducing. Sleep by Remifemin contains a scientifically researched combination of the extracts of the three herbs Lemon balm or melissa, Valerian root and Hops. All three herbs have been widely researched for their ability to help calm the nervous system and this combination can help both men and women to not only fall asleep more easily, but to stay asleep for longer. A medical grade natural product that is calming and supportive of natural and normal sleep. Helps settle a racing mind thus supporting normal and restful sleep. Can be used during the day to assist with nervous tension. No drug-like side effects and is not addictive. Contains Sugar. Made in Germany. 30 Tablets
Sleep by Remifemin is a combination of the active extracts from the three traditional herbs that has been shown in published clinical investigations to provide women and men with help in getting to sleep and staying asleep.
Research published in the medical journal Sleep reported that problems falling asleep and staying asleep were common among women in general due to hormonal fluctuations, but the number of women who experienced difficulty increased as they entered perimenopause (perimenopause is the period of time during which a woman's body prepares for menopause). The research found that sleep difficulties increased progressively as women approached menopause as well as after menstruation ceased when they became post menopausal.
Sleep issues for men also tended to increase with age. In response to this problem experienced by so many women and men, the maker of the menopause symptom relief product Remifemin, the German natural medicines company Schaper Brummer, formulated Sleep by Remifemin. Modern pharmaceutical technology was applied to extract the active compounds in three plants used traditionally in European herbal medicine to help people achieve normal and healthy sleep.
This combination of traditional knowledge and modern pharmaceutical technology has resulted in Sleep by Remifemin. Sleep by Remifemin is not a menopausal product and it is hormone free. Sleep by Remifemin targets specifically sleep difficulties, restlessness and helps to calm the mind thus enabling the user to obtain restful and normal sleep.
Frequently asked questions about Sleep by Remifemin
1. Who can take Sleep by Remifemin? Sleep by Remifemin can be taken by women and men of any age. It was initially marketed for menopausal women because of the greater problem that they have getting to sleep and staying asleep.
2. What are some of the benefits of taking Sleep by Remifemin? Promotes calm and restfulness, Enhances the body's natural process of falling sleep and assists sleep quality and quantity.
3. Can I take Sleep by Remifemin if I am taking Remifemin? Absolutely. The two products complement each other.
4. Can I drive or operate machinery after I take Sleep by Remifemin? Avoid driving or operating machinery for at least two hours after you take Sleep by Remifemin because your reactivity can be influenced, even if taken as directed. This effect may be increased by the consumption of alcohol.
5. Can children take Sleep by Remifemin? No sufficient investigations are available for the use of this product in children, therefore Sleep by Remifemin is not recommended for children younger than 12 years of age.
6. Can I take Remifemin Sleep with other medicines? There are no known adverse interactions between Sleep by Remifemin and other medications, whether prescription or over the counter. As a good health practice, however, Get back to sleep and back to life with Sleep by Remifemin we recommend that you tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines. If you are taking other medication we recommend to take all supplements an hour apart.
7. Can I take Sleep by Remifemin if I am pregnant or breastfeeding? There is no known evidence that Sleep by Remifemin or the individual plant extracts in it can cause harm during pregnancy or breastfeeding, but neither is there evidence that it is safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Therefore, as a good health practice, we recommend that you should not use Sleep by Remifemin while pregnant or breastfeeding.
8. For how long can I take Sleep by Remifemin? While there is no limit to how long you can continue to use Sleep by Remifemin, we recommend that if you continue to experience difficulty sleeping you should speak with your doctor.
9. What if I take more than the recommended dose of Sleep by Remifemin? If you have inadvertently taken double or even triple the recommended dose this does not normally have adverse consequences. Return to the recommended dose or the dose prescribed by your doctor /pharmacist when next you take it.
10. I forgot to take my usual dose of Sleep by Remifemin. Should I take a double dose? Do not take a double dose. Take the recommended dose, or the dose prescribed by your doctor/pharmacist, when it is due.
11. What side effects may occur? In rare cases (between one and 10 per 10,000 people treated) gastro-intestinal complaints have been reported. In very rare cases (fewer than one per 10,000 people treated) an allergic skin reaction has been reported. Should these reactions occur, cease use of Sleep by Remifemin and inform your doctor. If you experience any other unusual reactions, cease use of Sleep by Remifemin and inform your doctor.
12. How should I store Sleep by Remifemin? Store at a temperature of less than 30C and keep out of the reach of children.
Medical grade natural product that is calming and supportive of natural and normal sleep
Wake up refreshed, relaxed and calm
Calms the mind and promotes normal and natural sleep
Suitable for both men and women
Helps settle a racing mind thus supporting normal and restful sleep
Can be used during the day - Assists with nervous tension
Grown-Not manufactured in a lab - Plant-based and chemical free
Supported by published scientific papers - defined saftey profile with significant published studies
No drug-like side effects and is not addictive
Extracted in Germany under pharmaceutical GMP
Each 1 coated tablet contains: 75 mg dry extract of Valeriana officinalis in a drug to extract ratio as 5-6:1 (the extractant is ethanol 70% (V/V), Equivalent to dry 412.5mg, 23 mg dry extract of Humulus lupulus in a drug to extract ratio as 4-8:1 (the extractant is methanol 40% (V/V), Equivalent to dry 138mg, 45 mg dry extract of Melissa officinalis in a drug to extract ratio as 4-6:1 (the extractant is water), Equivalent to dry 225mg. Contains sugars. Other ingredients: White beeswax, carmellose sodium, carnauba wax, microcrystalline cellulose, glucose, indigo carmine, maltodextrin, polysorbate 80, povidone, PVP/VA copolymer, shellac, silica colloidal anhydrous, starch (maize), stearic acid, sucrose, talc (purified), titanium dioxide.
Adults: Take 2 Sleep by Remifemin tablets half an hour to an hour before you go to bed.
In extreme cases of restlessness take 2 tablets, 2 to 3 times per day.
Keep out of reach of Children. Side effects: In rare cases (between one and 10 per 10,000 people treated) gastro-intestinal complaints have been reported. In very rare cases (fewer than one per 10,000 people treated) an allergic skin reaction has been reported. No contraindications with other medicines have been recorded. Sleep by Remifemin should not be used while pregnant or breastfeeding. Not suitable for children under 12. Avoid driving or operating machinery forâ€¨ at least two hours after taking because your reactivity can be influenced, even if taken as directed. This effect may be increased by the consumption of alcohol.
Orders within New Zealand are dispatched by courier once your payment has been processed. Our customer service team aim to dispatch your order within 24 hours during the working week. Within Auckland please allow 48 hours for delivery. For all other areas please allow 72 hours.
Within NZ, supplement orders over NZ$70 are conveniently delivered freight free. Freight Free may exclude food items and cleaning products - we will contact you if additional courier charges apply to your order containing these items. Orders under NZ$70 in value will have a delivery charge based on the delivery address.
• Auckland (Wellsford to Pukekohe) - $5.00
• Rest of the North Island - $6.50
• South Island - $8.00
Auckland orders have the option to be collect, free of charge. We are located at 344a Rosedale Road, Albany, Auckland 0632. Please note that collection is only available between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
International orders are sent out using tracked international services. Delivery for international orders usually take 5-10 business days to arrive. Freight charges for international orders are based on the weight of the total order.