Time For A Clean Start
“Death begins in the colon.” Different sources attribute this quote to The Royal Society of Medicine of Great Britain, Dr. Bernard Jensen and to Elie Metchnikoff, a Russian Nobel Prize-winning biologist.
No matter who said or penned it first, it seems sensible that the organ that houses the body’s waste and toxins for elimination is the same place where adverse health conditions would originate, and consequently, health should flourish when proper care of this organ is given.
Most of us wash our hands many times a day to remove dirt, food residue and potential bacteria. We soap and scrub our bodies regularly to remove dead skin cells, sweat, bacteria and dirt. It only makes sense to clean the inside of our bodies periodically to help remove unprocessed food material, fiber, environmental pollutants and other debris, and to expel these same items that may be stashed in cells throughout the body. This can be achieved using herbs and nutrients that strengthen the body’s regular cleansing processes and help remove or neutralize toxins.
Just as cleaning your body's exterior has many benefits (fresher-looking skin, removing bacteria, improving your scent), cleansing and detoxifying the body on a consistent basis offers many health benefits.
- Helps remove waste, debris and toxic chemicals (preservatives, artificial colors, pesticides, herbicides, etc.) from the colon and other body cells
- Supports healthy digestion (removal of putrid material associated with gas, body odor, etc.)
- Aids the intestinal system, which has a tendency to get sluggish without proper fiber and water
- Supports healthy energy levels and promotes a feeling of well-being
- May increase nutrient absorption
- May increase the efficiency of body systems and functions
Did You Know? During active weight loss is an ideal time to cleanse and detoxify. As your body burns up fat, it releases more stored toxins, which need to be removed before they get back into your bloodstream.
To Maintain a Toxin-Free Body, Try to Reduce These:
- Artificial chemicals, including colorings, flavorings and preservatives
- Medicines such as hormones, acid blockers and antibiotics
- Polluted environments (air, water, strong chemicals and fumes, etc.)
Kick start your cleanse
Research shows that certain foods, nutrients and habits can greatly aid the body’s natural detoxification processes. Include fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and plenty of water into your diet, and try adding natural fibre and herbs to boost your cleanse.
There are also some great natural supplements to help kick start and support the body through the cleansing process - check out some options right here at www.healthy.co.nz/collections/cleanse-and-detox
Cleansing and detoxifying your body should spell excellent news for your intestinal system and promote good health, energy and focus. Show your colon some love, and it will love you right back.