Better Balance 80/20 Alkaline/Acid chart is the perfect guide to help support a better pH balance in the body.
pH (alkalinity or acidity) is the regulator of many cellular processes in the human body and the pH of the bloodstream is considered to be one of the important biochemical balances. Ideally, our bloodstream should be pH 7.4, which is slightly alkaline.
If we eat too many acid-forming foods (white sugar, cakes etc), an acidic body environment may be the result and we will need to alkalise by eating alkaline-forming foods, which contain the alkaline minerals of calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, iron and manganese. If your diet is continually too acidic, the calcium and magnesium are extracted from your bones, which gradually thin out, resulting in osteoporosis.
The remedy is to eat an 80/20 diet if you live in temperate regions of the world, that is an 80% alkaline-forming and 20% acid-forming foods, according to your intuitive taste. In Siberia where the temperatures are minus 30 degrees for several months of the year, this proportion may change to 50/50
- Many commonly eaten foods are listed according to their alkaline or acid forming values
- Extensive notes on the reverse side of the chart explain the 80/20 theory
- Easy reference format: suitable for display on the kitchen wall or fridge
- Sustainably produced aqueous coating for durability in the kitchen
- The finest condensed version of the theory according to Dr Theodore Baroody, author or Alkalise or Die