Better Balance Glycemic Index Wholefoods Chart is the perfect eating guide for a healthy blood sugar balance.
The Glycemic Index describes the ability of carbohydrates in food to raise blood sugar levels.
A high glycemic, refined carbohydrate diet with low fibre, along with other lifestyle factors (sedentary habits, poor sleep, toxic exposure, excessive stress) has a negative effect on the gut microbiome and can set the stage for developing insulin resistance and leptin resistance.
3rd edition by naturopaths Dhyana Tribe and Kathleen Cole.
- Broader health benefits
- An essential tool for managing weight
- Relevant to those with blood sugar irregularities including pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Support for managing many chronic conditions
- commonly eaten food listed in 15 food groups according to the glycemic index (capacity to raise blood glucose levels)
- Extensive notes on the reverse explaining glycemic index and glycemic load
- Easy reference format, suitable for display on kitchen wall or fridge