MEBO Wound Repair Aids Natural Healing of All Skin Wounds. MEBO Wound repair is a 100% natural ointment which aids the natural healing and repair of all skin wounds. MEBO wound repair promotes natural healing, supports the immune response to fight infection and minimise scarring. MEBO wound repair is used in over 20,000 hospitals world wide.For all skin wounds including ulcers (bedsores, diabetic, chronic), cracked nipples, shingles, chilblains, impetigo (school sores), haemorrhoids, cracked/chafed/grazed skin, and donor-site repair. 40 grams
Therapeutic benefits of MEBO burn repair and MEBO wound repair.
Clinical and experimental investigations have concluded that MEBO has the following therapeutic benefits.
1. Provides analgesic: MEBO reduces pain in partial thickness burn wounds by micro protection of injured nerve endings and by the relief of hair arrectores pilorum spasm. Pain Control in a Randomised, Controlled, Clinical Trial Comparing Moist Exposed Burn Ointment and Conventional Methods in Patients with Partial-Thickness Burns. (Journal of Burn Care Rehabilitation, 2003, 24 (5) 289-96)
Comparative Study Between Sodium Carboxymethyl-Cellulose Silver, Moist Exposed Burn Ointment, and Saline-Soaked dressing for Treatment of Facial Burns (Ann. Burns Fire Disaster (2009) 30,22 (3): 131-137)
Evaluating the Role of Alternative therapy in Burn Wound Management:
Randomised Trial Comparing Moist Exposed Burn Ointment with Conventional Methods in the Management of Patients with Second-degree Burns (Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2002, 26, 470-6)
2. Prevents continued thermal injury: MEBO draws away the residual heat from the wound through a specially designed frame structure dosage.
Treatment of Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis with Moisture-Retentive Ointment: A Case Report and Review of the Literature (American Dermatologic Surgery, 2003, 29 (2) 185-8)
3. Provides anti-shock treatment: MEBO reduces evaporation of water from the burn wound surface and improves microcirculation by decreasing peripheral and systemic capillary exudation.
Moist Exposed Therapy: An Effective and Valid Alternative To Occlusive Dressing for Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Care (American Dermatologic Surgery, 2004, 30 18-25)
4. Promotes microcirculation in the stasis zone by relaxing the smooth muscle of the blood vessel: Surgical Management of the Burned Hand: an Update and Review of the Literature
(Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters, 2000, X111 (4) 230-233)
5. Reduces evaporation from the wound surface: Moist Exposed Therapy: An Effective and Valid Alternative to Occlusive Dressing for Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Care. (American Dermatologic Surgery, 2004, 30 18-25)
6. Provides an anti-inflammatory action: Ingredients, including Beta - sitosterol contained in MEBO, have an anti-inflammatory effect.
A New Approach To Local Burn Wound Care: Moist Exposed Therapy. A multiphase, Multicenter Study (Journal of Surgical Wound Care, 2003, 2 (1) 18-19)
7. Reduces the need for physical debridement of wounds: A New Approach To Local Burn Wound Care: Moist Exposed Therapy. (A multiphase, Multicenter Study Journal of Surgical Wound Care, 2003, 2 (1) 18-27)
Moist Exposed Therapy: An Effective and Valid Alternative to Occlusive Dressings for Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Care (Dermatol. Surg. 2004 30: 18-25)
8. Promotes liquefaction of non-viable, necrotic tissue: A New Approach To Local Burn Wound Care: Moist Exposed Therapy. (A multiphase, Multicenter Study Journal of Surgical Wound Care, 2003, 2 (1) 18-27)
9. Creates a physiologically moist environment: MEBO creates a moist environment to ensure the physiological repair and protection of residual skin tissues.
The Effect of Moist and Moist Exposed Dressings on Healing and Barrier Function Restoration of Partial Thickness Wounds (European Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2003, 26 (2) 5-11)
Does Moist Exposed Burn Ointment (MEBO) Promote healing of Chronic Pressure Ulcers? - A multi-centred Randomised Clinical Study (The Chinese Journal of Burns and Surface Ulcers, 2011, Vol. 23)
10. Manages local infection (bacterial and fungal): MEBO changes the biological behaviour of bacteria, inducing a decrease in bacterial toxicity and invasive capacity, reducing sensitivity to antibiotics. It also increases the wound's local and systemic immunity. (Burns Regenerative Medicine and Therapy, Karger, 2004, 70-4)
11. Reduces the need for antibiotics: The Efficacy of Moisture Retentive Ointment in the Management of Cutaneous Wounds and Ulcers: (A Multicenter Clinical Trial Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2003, 36 (2))
MEBO Ointment in the Treatment of Burn Wounds: A Multicenter Study Modern Medicine Mid-East, 1999, 16 (8), 46-50
12. Provides moisture and cell nutrition: Clinical Use Of MEBO in Wound Management in the U.A.E. Int. Journal of Cosmetic Surgery Aesthetic Dermatology, 2000, 2 (1) 27-33)
13. Promotes epithelial repair: MEBO reduces healing time in partial thickness burns and surface ulcers. A New Approach to Local Burn Wound Care: Moist Exposed Therapy.
A Multiphase, Multicenter Study (Journal of Surgical Wound Care, 2003, 2 (1) 18-27)
Moist Exposed Burn Therapy: evaluation of the wound healing process. An experimental model to assess the efficacy of local agents on wound repair in partial and full thickness wounds (Eur.J.Plast. Surg. (2004) 27:171-177
Moist Exposed Burn Ointment (MEBO) in Partial Thickness Burns (Eur. J. Med. Res. (2008) 13:505-510)
Does Moist Exposed Burn Ointment (MEBO) Promote Healing of Chronic Pressure Ulcers? - A Multicentred Randomised Clinical Study (The Chinese Journal of Burns and Surface Ulcers, 2011, Vol.23, (1))
14. Reduces the need for over-lying, secondary dressings: Scar Quality and Physiologic Barrier Function Restoration After Moist and Moist-Exposed Dressings of Partial-Thickness Wound
(American Dermatologic Surgery, 2003, 29 (1) 14-20)
Comparative Study Between Carboxymethyl-Cellulose Silver, Moist Exposed Burn Ointment and Saline Soaked Dressing for Treatment of Facial Burns (Ann. Burns Fire Disaster (2009) 30,22 (3): 131-137)
Moist Exposed Therapy: An Effective and Valid Alternative to Occlusive Dressings For Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Care (Dermatologic Surgery, Vol.1, 18-25, January 200)
15. Reduces scar formation: MEBO contributes to the formation of smooth, thin, and aesthetically acceptable scars thus preventing the formation of hypertrophic scars. The Effect of Moist and Moist Exposed Dressings on Healing and Barrier Function Restoration of Partial Thickness Wounds (European Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2003, 26 (2) 5-11)
Improved Scar Quality Following Primary and Secondary Healing of Cutaneous Wounds. (Aesthetic Plast. Surg. 2003 Dec 4)
Scar Quality and Physiologic Barrier Function Restoration After Moist and Moist Exposed Dressings of Partial-Thickness Wounds (American Dermatologic Surgery, 2003, 29, (1), 14-20
16. Minimises the need for skin grafting: MEBO Ointment in the Treatment of Burn Wounds: A Multicenter Study (Modern Medicine, Mid-East, 1999, 16 (8) 45-50)
17. Reduces treatment and hospitalisation costs: Benefit-Cost Analysis of Moist Exposed Burn Ointment Burns, (April 2002, 28, 659-63)
Role of MEBO (Moist Exposed Burn Ointment) in the Treatment of Fournier Gangrene (Ann. Burns and Fire Disaster 2008 March 31 21 (1): 20-22)
Comparing Oil Based Ointment versus Standard Practice for the Treatment of Moderate Burns in Greece: A Trial Based Cost Effectiveness Evaluation (BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011, 11: 122.)
Moist Exposed Burn Therapy: evaluation of the wound healing process. An experimental model to assess the efficacy of local agents on wound repair in partial and full thickness wounds (Eur.J.Plast. Surg. (2004) 27:171-177)
The above are a selection of published clinical papers with MEBO.Clinical trials with MEBO are available on request at www.mebo.co.nz
MEBO wound repair
For all skin wounds including ulcers (bedsores, diabetic, chronic), cracked nipples, shingles, chilblains, impetigo (school sores), haemorrhoids, cracked/chafed/grazed skin, and donor-site repair.
MEBO ointments promote the natural regeneration of stem cells located at the bottom of the hair follicle. These cells are capable of producing the hair shaft, nerve cells, sebaceous glands, and also the daughter cells that create the dermis and epidermis.
Stem cells can repair injured and defective skin by restructuring and regenerating new skin according to the original skin's physiological structure. This speeds healing as well as minimising scarring.
Research, including results from clinical trials, have shown that the healing process is significantly faster using MEBO ointments.
Main Ingredients: Radix scutellariae, Cortex phellodendri, Rhizoma coptidis, sesame oil, beeswax.
Note: This has a Strong Sesame seed oil smell.
How to use MEBO wound repair
Apply up to 1 mm thickness of ointment over the affected area. Every 4 to 6 hours, gently remove any residual ointment and wound by-products, then reapply fresh ointment. DO NOT use antiseptic or water to clean the affected area. Take care to avoid irritating the damaged skin.
To further protect the affected area, a dressing can be applied. (See dressing instructions) Keep the wound moist with MEBO wound repair at all times. The frequency of dressing changes can be reduced in accordance with improvement of the wound but should be maintained at least daily depending on the amount of exudate and manifestation of the wound.
Apply to affected area morning and evening.
Apply to promote wound healing after sutures have been removed.
MEBO wound repair helps to minimise scarring.
However, if scarring occurs, use MEBO skin restore after the wound has healed.
Outer dressing when using MEBO wound repair / MEBO burn repair
For contaminated or infected wounds, normal saline or 0.5% iodine can be used when cleaning the wound for the first time. This can be done with swab sticks. The only other time iodine and saline can be used is when cleaning the wound surroundings during dressing changes. No other agents should be used. Sterile forceps, tissue scissors, sterile dry gauze or cotton buds should be used when clearing away softened necrotic tissue, remnant MEBO ointment and other residual debris during debridement and wound cleaning. Gently press down onto the wound site with sterile gauze to absorb the wound by-products.
Three important principles should be observed: no pain no bleeding and no further damage to viable tissue. The wound must remain moist with the MEBO ointment.
After gently cleaning the wound, smear 1-2mm of MEBO ointment over the wound surface with a tongue depressor or sterile gloves.
Then cover with 1-2 layers of sterile gauze impregnated with MEBO burn repair / MEBO wound repair. Wrap with several layers of dry sterile gauze and then a dry padded cotton dressing. If the padded cotton is not saturated with exudate at dressing change, the thickness is appropriate otherwise the pad should be thickened.
Finally, wrap the wound with a soft elastic bandage with minimal pressure to ensure adequate blood circulation.
The frequency of dressing changes can be reduced in accordance with improvement of the wound but should be maintained at least daily to ensure the wound remains moist with MEBO ointment at all times.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Stop using if allergic or adverse reaction occurs. Not for internal use. Keep out of reach of children. If symptoms persist see your health professional. Use as directed. Product Care: High temperatures or excessive handling may alter the consistency of the ointment. This will not change it's effectiveness. To return to normal state immerse the upright tube in hot water for 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool, standing the tube on its top. Store in a cool, dry environment.
Orders within New Zealand are dispatched by courier once your payment has been processed. Our customer service team aim to dispatch your order within 24 hours during the working week. Within Auckland please allow 48 hours for delivery. For all other areas please allow 72 hours.
Within NZ, supplement orders over NZ$70 are conveniently delivered freight free. Freight Free may exclude food items and cleaning products - we will contact you if additional courier charges apply to your order containing these items. Orders under NZ$70 in value will have a delivery charge based on the delivery address.
• Auckland (Wellsford to Pukekohe) - $5.00
• Rest of the North Island - $6.50
• South Island - $8.00
Auckland orders have the option to be collect, free of charge. We are located at 344a Rosedale Road, Albany, Auckland 0632. Please note that collection is only available between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
International orders are sent out using tracked international services. Delivery for international orders usually take 5-10 business days to arrive. Freight charges for international orders are based on the weight of the total order.